Sunday, June 10, 2007

Is art in a Tshirt?


Well the artshow came and went. It was quite the fun night for me, lot's of love and support from friends, family and the public. It was interesting to see that my art products (tshirts, books, pins, plush toys etc...) sales brought in just as much income as my fine art sales. I always enjoy the idea of providing people with a piece of my art without the heavy price tag. Originally I started creating affordable works after having afew shows where very little sold. It helped to make sure that atleast I would cover my costs and now it's becoming profitable. After a while it started to grow on me and with each endevour I learnt a lot, like how to silkscreen (when doing tshirts), or how to press buttons. At some point soon I would like to set up an online shop and also start distribution my creations to different stores. Business and art, I never thought my carear would include both and not just one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there!
Thanks for your comment on our new site ArtRebels and sorry for blogging you on our Fagget fairys myspace...We just thought you sounded a little creepy;-) But now you've been popping in to my virtuel life a few times and I decided to check out your work...and I really enjoy it! And I would like to ask you if you would like to sell some of your work on our site...I think you fit in perfectly! Do you??
Let me know, mail me at: carla@artrebels.com

Thanks and take care;-)

Cc