Saturday, March 29, 2008

Patron Relations



I was talking to my father the other day about customer relations, or the idea of keeping in touch with the people who will/have bought your product/art. It's not a new idea but it is one I would like to be better at. The simple act of emailing someone a thank you after they have bought a piece, or sending a personal invite to an upcoming show, can make a huge difference in return customers. Plus it gives that special touch that makes people enjoy the art more because they respect the person who created it. I would like to train myself to get better at this, to build some kind of system that works in keeping in touch. I also noticed that it is very very important to just send replies to any questions I recieve. Someone who like's your art and then feels neglected will start to not like your art as much. I personally have artwork I love and then have found out I wasn't that much for the person who had created it. It was disapointment. So for anyone who I haven't email replies to, send sticker trades to, or anything else, I'm very sorry I will try and do better in the future. Plus honestly I remember every single person who I was suppose to email back but didn't, it strange how it sticks in the mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.