Sunday, June 22, 2008

Then and Now


Here's a b/w drawing, and then how it looks when it's painted. Sometimes it's abit difficult for me to color images if it isn't drawn right, if it lacks areas that can have good colors or to it contains to much white space (negative space) then the over all creation suffers. I am finding it most hard with doing large drawings because I've been so use to doing small compact ones. It's all a learning process I guess.

In other news the The Cheaper Show 8 in Vancouver went well, even though I couldn't attend I got word that 2 of my paintings sold out of 3. It was also a nice feeling that I could reconnect in some way with my old home town. I have a slight fear of being forgotten, I guess that's natural when you've moved half way around the world (I currently live in Denmark).

2 comments:

kk+ said...

we'll never forget ya. :P ha. you're a part of vancity DNA.

i missed it too but heard it was off the hook... especially the lineup

kk+ said...

we'll never forget ya. :P ha. you're a part of vancity DNA.

i missed it too but heard it was off the hook... especially the lineup